The Green Gun

Gun safety, politics, & perspective from a Libertarian leaning environmentalist. The purpose of this blog is to shed more light on the subject of safe & legal gun use in the USA with the aim of dispelling much of the fear that surrounds guns & gun ownership by those who are not familiar with firearms.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

I live in Norfolk, I carry a gun...

It's true. I do. I live in Norfolk, Virginia, and I carry a gun. Legally. I have a concealed carry license, and I try to always have a weapon on me at all times.

Here are my two concealed carry pistols:



The one on the left is my Taurus PT-111 9mm semi auto pistol. It holds 12 rounds in the magazine, with one in the chamber, for a total of 13 shots. The one on the right is my Taurus PT-22. It is a crappy .22 lr pistol. It can hold 8 rounds, but it won't work right unless you only pack 5 in the mag with one in the chamber. It's what I carry when I don't want an obvious gun print down the front of my shorts. I need to invest in some better holsters for the PT-111 so that I can wear it more often.

Yet, I don't carry weapons because I'm overly paranoid, or a racist, or a gun nut, or a right winger. I preffer to vote for Democrats, when they're not busy trying to take my guns from me. I like candidates like Howard Dean and former VA Governor Mark Warner. Moderate, small business friendly Democrats who are gun-neutral or 2nd Ammendment friendly.

I consider myself to be a Liberal Christian.

I'm Peak Oil aware. I often ride a motor scooter that gets 72 MPG that will do 85 MPH. I'd love to see more people riding motorcycles and hybrids. I'd love to see more windmills, solar, and nuclear. I'd love to see electric cars. But most of all, I'd like to see this while being able to excersize my Federal 2nd Ammendment rights, and my State Constitutional gun rights.

I carry a gun because I see it as a safety device, much like airbags or seatbelts in your car. I'm not nieve enough to think that the Government could ban guns and get them off the street. Drugs are illegal, but they're everywhere. What makes us think that banning guns will elimate them? If the criminals and thugs are to be armed, why not the good guys?

I am the Green Gun. I vote, therefor I am.

2 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could start a blog called "the green knife" . . . There need to be more armed liberals. So many of my friends call me a redneck for thinking everyone who lives in the city should carry a weapon...

looking forward to seeing y'all next week. try not to pack !

-Ian

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger The Green Gun said...

The 'Blue Blade' might fit better. ;)

And don't worry, I'll leave the PT-111 in the car during the wedding, but I am taking it with me on my honeymoon. WVA recognizes VA's conceal carry permits, and I'd like to have something on me when my wife and I go hiking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home