The Green Gun

Gun safety, politics, & perspective from a Libertarian leaning environmentalist. The purpose of this blog is to shed more light on the subject of safe & legal gun use in the USA with the aim of dispelling much of the fear that surrounds guns & gun ownership by those who are not familiar with firearms.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Your secret protectors

So last night I went out for sushi with my wife, a liberal friend of hers (gay, vegan, 6th year colege student, etc) , and his liberal female friend (English major, 5th year college student, etc). Both are very nice people, and fun to talk to. No qualms about that. Had a great time at dinner, etc.

Anyways, so after we left the restaurant I notice a disheveled looking white guy approaching us. My hand immediately goes into my pocket, ready to pull out the Taurus PT-22 (it was all I had on me, I know...I should have had the revolver), thumb ont he safety. The guy then gives us this story about how he's a Vet (they always say that) and how he needs money so that he and his wife can eat dinner (a nice addition to the usual bum rap), but really, this guy was probably just a junkie or a meth head who was working the nicer part of town because he knows that suberban white kids have money and are suckers.

Anyways, we politely responded that we didn't have any spare change, and proceeded to head on our way. The guy briefly followed us, and I kept an eye on him, but then he moved on.

So, on our way home our liberal friends were all like, "Oh my god, I thought we were going to get mugged and killed by that homeless guy!"

And I was just like, "Trust me...that wouldn't have happend," and I left it at that, because I knew that they'd freak if they found out that I had a gun on me, even if it was legal.

I looked over at my wife and patted my pocket where I had the gun, and she just smiled.

So here I am. The Greengun, your silent bodyguard.

Anyways, it just makes me wonder how often something like this happens to other people who are conceal carry permit holders. Maybe I should have brought it up that I was armed. You know, to help dispel the image that only cops & robbers carry guns. Maybe if more anti-gunners knew how many of us there are out there and that we're not gun waving maniacks it would do them good. Oh well...next time.

1 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

could you post about the process for getting a ccp ? i'm interested in carrying... there was a potential situation tonight where my knife wouldn't have been sufficient, for the first time ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home