The Green Gun

Gun safety, politics, & perspective from a Libertarian leaning environmentalist. The purpose of this blog is to shed more light on the subject of safe & legal gun use in the USA with the aim of dispelling much of the fear that surrounds guns & gun ownership by those who are not familiar with firearms.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the CNN YouTube Debates

So... Clowns Not News held their YouTube debates last night with all 8 of the current Democratic contenders. I didn't watch all of it, all I watched were a few short Q&A's that I saw online with the issues that concerned me.

So what pisses me off is that CNN chose this question:



Instead of this one:



Now, I'll be honest. Sometimes I hold one of my favorite rifles and yeah, I do treat it like a baby with all the care I give it. But, if I were trying to make a pro-gun argument while at the same time ask a serious question to all of the Democratic candidates, I would have posed the question in a manner similar to the second video, which is why I'm pissed off that CNN chose the one it did. By choosing the first video, it made gun owners look like nuts.

Plus, and this really pisses me off, they only allowed Richardson & Biden to answer the question. Even though the question itself wasn't phrased well, I would have liked to have heard answers from the top tier candidates, and not just form two long shots who won't get the nomination. How would Edwards respond to that question? And Obama? And yes, I would even have liked to have seen Hillary respond as well. Instead, we got Richardson squirm because he was placed in the difficult position of defending gun rights, while Biden slandered gun owners as mental. Great.

Thanks Clowns Not News, you have entertained and misinformed us again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home