The Green Gun

Gun safety, politics, & perspective from a Libertarian leaning environmentalist. The purpose of this blog is to shed more light on the subject of safe & legal gun use in the USA with the aim of dispelling much of the fear that surrounds guns & gun ownership by those who are not familiar with firearms.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

women and guns

"You want it pink, I'll make it pink," he said. "The sky is the limit. It's like nail polish."

So the media takes notice that more women are getting into arming themselves. Politically, I can only see this as a good thing. The less the freedom to protect yourself is seen as the domain of paranoid white males, the better.

I heard Obama recently say that he doesn't want to take anybody's guns away, but that he wants to get the guns out of the inner cities. While I generally like the man for other reasons, this is one where 1) I strongly dissagree with him, and 2) I think he's a liar. What does it mean to want to "get the guns out of the inner cities"? Isn't that just code for, "blacks can't have guns but whites can"? And isn't that extremely racist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home