The Green Gun

Gun safety, politics, & perspective from a Libertarian leaning environmentalist. The purpose of this blog is to shed more light on the subject of safe & legal gun use in the USA with the aim of dispelling much of the fear that surrounds guns & gun ownership by those who are not familiar with firearms.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Concealed Carry arguments

I was going to write a lengthy post about the arguments for allowing citizens to conceal carry handguns, but then I found somebody that did it much better.

This is the best argument for allowing people to conceal carry that I have yet read.

Most of it is based on John Lott's book, More Guns Less Crime.

For full disclosure, I am writing this while concealing my snub-nose 38 special revolver in an Inside the Waisteband Holster (usually just shortened to IWH) that is shoved down the front of my pants. The only part of the gun visible above the pants is the black rubber grip and the plastic holster clip on my pants, and both of these are easily concealed by my sweater.

And yes, I'm writing this while at work. Why am I carrying a concealed weapon at work? Because after the recent spout of school shootings, I'd rather have the ability to shoot back if some maniac decides to unleash terror here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home